Saturday, January 23, 2010

Toad Hall

14"x20" oil on linen ................... sold


-----------------------------sold
16"x20" oil on linen
This is Toad Hall bar on 57 Grand street in Soho. I discovered it during one of my regular trips to Soho last fall. The place is kind of dirty beauty: friendly and cozy and it has pool table in the back. I immediately came up with some fresh idea for my next paintings.
I started two compositions of this bar in October, but put them aside due commissioned work I mentioned below. They are finished now and I've enjoyed working on these pieces.

7 comments:

David Parker said...

Wow! Great paintings. I especially like the view looking down the bar.

Anonymous said...

excellent Janet. i love your handling of glass and mirror in these. r.

Janet Ternoff said...

Thank you Rex, David and Rahina.

Raymond Nash said...

You are a master of light and reflection, love your work.

jesusest@gmail.com said...

great work janet.

joan coch said...

Muy buenos trabajos, felicidades

KEITH PROCTOR Painting blog said...

Hi Janet, long time! I love the quality of the painting on the bar and floor, glad to see your work again, very much enjoyed looking at it all. Keith